Monday, June 09, 2008

Maryland 6.5.2008

Mariana and Tim have a really fun lake by their home called Greenbriar. The kids love it and I'm pretty sure this is where half of their summer is spent.

Mariana and Syd hanging out under the umbrella. Mariana is not a huge fan of the UV rays

Daniel and Amanda love Greenbriar!

Sydney is such a funny girl. She cracks me up! We had a lot of bonding time while I was home. (oh yeah - I don't have a maternity suit yet - haha)

Daniel and I on the tube. My belly fit right in the hole in the middle.

I love this pic of Sami in the sand

At first Sydney did not want to even go near the sand, then she got a little more comfortable with it. This is a typical Sydney face.

Daniel can do anything! Tim taught him how to skim board - he is awesome

Jake rolled his ankle the night before playing basketball with Tim and some other guys. Poor Jake was in a lot of pain and his ankle was the size of a softball! He could barely walk on it - but he tuffed it out for Greenbriar.

I kind of forced Syd to get comfortable in the water. After she realized she was safe with her Aunt Joanie she LOVED it. We even got her surfing (kind of)!


I love hanging out with Syd. Her cousin is going to love hanging out with her too!

All of the kids LOVE their Uncle Jake. Jake is so good with the kids. And the deer hunt game on his cell phone was a big hit! Look at Daniel's face...

Jake and I went out to dinner with some friends at Redrock Canyon - sounded like we were back in Utah but the Maryland crabcakes brought me right back home! mmm...my favorite!

2 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

Joanie... that looks like SO much fun! I wish I could have been there with you.. Your cute neices and nephews!!

Barbara said...

What a fun trip home.
Looks like you packed in a lot of things in one trip.
The shower was the best part... was it a surprize?
It must have been hot compared to Utah this time of year???
Great to see your mom and dad in the pictures.
Fondly, B.